Friday, March 07, 2008

Jeevan and her Birthdays

Jeevan is one of my sweetest dearest friends. She sings and plays the Fender Rhodes in my band, Love Menu, and also has her own musical project:

www.myspace.com/jeevansingh

One day many years ago we met in my car after a dinner party. we were listening to a mix tape i had made for my boyfriend at the time. I recorded a cover of "One too many Mornings" by bob dylan, and she asked me who it was singing. I told her it was me, and we decided at that moment to play music together.
Neither of us had ever played with anyone else before, unlike the boys and men we knew, who didn't bear their shyness like a heavy blanket.

Jeevan used to come over to my loft and we would drink tea and sing Leonard Cohen songs.
I was at her last 2 birthdays, and both times she had pink cakes.

did you do this on purpose you sweet tasty morsel, you?

Jeevan and I at her birthday last year at Holocene.

The first party was at local club Holocene, and I wore my blue favorite dress that always makes trouble. everytime I have worn it something either lifechanging, unbelieveable, or utterly memorable happens.
i could tell you all the times I wore it, but that is for another day.

These cupcakes are from this year, chocolate with little bits of coconut on them.
the party was at my boyfriend Matt's house. I had my last birthday at the house of a boy Jeevan was dating, and we thought it would be fun to trade....

No comments: